In 2007, I founded AffiliateMarketersGiveBack.com with a goal to raise money to help squash Breast Cancer and provide an outlet for people to help themselves by uplifting others.
Since then, 93 affiliate marketers have walked 3,860+ miles in 14 cities across the United States and have raised over $625,000.00 for organizations that fund Breast Cancer research, treatment, awareness and community programs.
And we're not stopping!
Why, you ask?
Because approximately 230,480 women and 2,140 men will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year. 40,000 men and women who are diagnosed will die in 2016.
These statistics are unacceptable, and I'm determined to do everything that I can to help put an end to it.
On that note, on May 6-7, 2017, I will take on the 39-mile Avon Walk to End Breast Cancer in Washington DC, my 11th Breast Cancer walk (and hopefully at my fastest speed ever). I'll be just one of thousands of people who will walk up to 39.3 miles over two days, raising awareness promoting education.
So, to get to the point -- I'd really love your support, in terms of a donation.
The money I raise will be managed and disbursed by the Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Crusade to help provide access to care for those who most need it, fund educational programs, and accelerate research into new treatments and potential cures.
This is about saving lives, and I'm ready to do my part. I hope I can count on you. (And, to those of you that have previously donated to one of my former #Avon39 walks -- Thank you! I hope I can depend on you again!)
As I'm sometimes asked for a recommended amount to donate, here is list of suggestions:
• $39.30 represents every mile that I will walk in the AVON 39 Houston
• $78.60 doubles your support for every mile of the AVON 39
• $200 helps an uninsured person access life-saving tests, such as a mammogram or a bone scan to see if breast cancer has spread
• $500 helps two uninsured breast cancer patients access chemotherapy treatment
• $1,000 helps a new patient receive blood work to determine the best course of treatment for their particular breast cancer
• $1,800 supports my full fundraising commitment to participate in the AVON 39
• $2,500 helps a low-income woman or man overcome medical, financial, and social obstacles during a breast cancer diagnosis, with guidance and support from an Avon Patient Navigator
• $5,000 covers the cost of a surgical breast biopsy for an uninsured patient
Please make your donation online from this page. If you would like to send a check, please make it payable to "Avon 39 The Walk to End Breast Cancer" and send it to me directly.
Thank you again for your support and for joining the fight against Breast Cancer.